Index of /socketxx/
Socket++ is a modular C++11 warper library for Input/Output systems, especially TCP/IP sockets. Used in our projects.
Provides three groups of classes : BaseIO classes, IO protocols, and Connection Handlers :
- BaseIO classes are RAII objects for holding and manipulating underlying ressources. They are responsible for the ressources and must implement some basic I/O methods for reading and writing. Shipped BaseIO classes : BaseFD, BaseSocket, BaseNetSock, BaseSSL, BaseUnixSock, BasePipe, BaseFile
- IO protocols classes are objects used by user for reading/writing. They are the equivalent of OSI's Presentation Layer. These are shipped with socket++ :
- Simple Socket : Perfect for personal & simple protocols of free of transport problems. Transports different basic things : strings, integers, files, xif::polyvar...
- Text Socket : Line-oriented, for use of plain old textual protocols like SMTP or HTTP.
- Tunnel : copy data between two streams
- Connection Handlers (or 'ends') are responsible for session-related operations :
- The socket "server" side, or incoming side : Listen on an address and wait for incoming connections. Manage clients with attached data. Clients can be put in pools waiting for client activity, in autonomous threads, be processed by a callback funtion, or synchronously.
- The socket "client" side, or outcoming side.
The whole library error/event reporting is based on exceptions. Most objects are reference-counted.